Sunday, January 16, 2011

Snow Princess Winter Wonderland Birthday

Peanuts Birthday was a huge success!  We crammed about 30 of our closest friends and family into our tiny house so celebrate our favorite girls 2nd Birthday.  She loves Dora the Explorer and so we had to incorporate her into the mix but since her Birthday is January 3rd, I had to go with a Winter Wonderland theme. 

The beverage table.  I used white lace printed tableclothes throughout. 
I cut these branches off the birch tree in my back yard and wound them together to create and arch.  I placed them in a heavy pot and just covered the pot with a snow flake tree skirt.
Cupcake tree.  Devils food cupcakes that I made with yogurt instead of oil.  I used the recipe from my favorite cook book: The Joy of Cooking Cookbook.  Then of course I had to make rainbow chip cupcakes because they are a family favorite for all the girl birthdays.  I frosted them with a frosting bag with round tip and sprinkled with silver and blue sugar.  I had two mercury glass goblets that I loaded with blue candycanes.  Instead of candles in the votive holders we used disco ball ornaments.  Couldn't leave out Dora in her chariot.


Snowflakes were every where.  Yaya collected all of the snowflakes in a quick trip to the Dollar Tree.


Yaya put all the garlands together with Christmas lights, white and silver garland, and tons of snowflakes of course in all different shapes and sizes and amounts of sparkle.

I spent an hour cutting out snowflakes from blue cardstock trying to make each one different from the previous.  Then I just slipped the flake over a light in the garland. 
We are loving 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment