Friday, January 21, 2011

Another Party

I thought I would post some pictures from Averys 1st Birthday Party.  The theme was inspired by a clip art pink elephant.  It turned into an explosion of pink from there.  The invite read :  Please come for some cake and fun, our little Peanut is turning 1!
When I said explosion of pink, I mean everything was all different shades of pink.

"Happy Birthday Peanut"
I used simple scrapbook paper and a circle cutter.  My mom helped me make all the poms which of course are a Martha Stewart specialty and the tutorial can be found at

My cupcake tree, best gift ever.
I made a pink tutu that wrapped around the base.  It was made out of a tule and pink ribbons with a green polka dot tie.  The cupcake flags were all different scrapbook paper prints and colors but all had some shade of pink to tie them together.  Some were printed with "1st" some with "A."  All were super girly.

This table kind of came together while we were decorating.  I had my DH cut the "A" out of some scrap plywood and painted with some pink paint and added green polka dots to match the cupcake stand tutu. 
I think the pink marabu was left over from decorating other areas and just seemed to fit the mirror perfectly.

We picked up some pink glittery snowflakes that we scattered around strands of pink maribu.
I added two photos from Aves first year.  One from the day she was born and the other was her actual first smile that I was lucky enough to catch!  My MIL gave me the handprint kit and the "a" monogram candle.  I was so happy how this table turned out.  It was so girly and sweet.



Peanut had some fun too!




Ahhh, as happy as I was to get a photo of all three of us, I was so busy setting up the party that I never had time to put on any make-up.   Avery can you say, " hot mess mommy?"
HeeHee.

No comments:

Post a Comment