Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shippin Off to Boston

Most people will go on a warm vacation when it is so cold that your breath freezes in the air, by the way for all of you that don't live in upstate NY, that would be around -27ish degrees...... Where does this girl go.....Thursday I will be leaving for The Yankee Dental Conference in Boston MA and coming home Saturday night.  They are currently getting snow.  I think that I need my head checked.  Normally I am super excited,  I usually restock my years supply of toothbrushes, but my conference fav's are not going to be there so this is my first year with a new crew.  I might actually have to act like an adult.   We will definately still have a great time.  Any who, baby is staying home with Daddy, but since there is snow......  she will probably end up with a grandma or aunt so Daddy can go snowmobiling.   I will see you all again Saturday.
I think I will be making my favorite pizza tonight because it is soooooo cold out.

Pesto Chicken Pizza
One boneless chicken breast, grilled or broiled and shreaded or cubed
jar of pesto
feta
garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
parmesean cheese
premade pizza dough from the refrig section

When I think of it, I usually try to take the dough out at least a couple hours before I am ready to make my pizza,  I just take it out of the bag and place in a bown, drizzle with some olive oil and let sit on the counter.
I like to spread the dough out on a stone first and actually cook it for like 10 minutes and then it doesn't get soggy
spread as much pesto as you like on the pizza dough to cover the whole surface
spread your chicken on top
sprinkle the garlic randomly
throw on some feta
sprinkle some parmesean over the whole pizza
toss in oven at 400 for about 20 mins

I don't usually like a lot of melted cheese on pizza so that is why I like this pizza.  Other options for yummy home made pizza are
*Chicken parm pizza, use spagetti sauce, chunks of breaded chicken, ricotta cheese and some mozzarella
*BBQ chicken pizza, use BBQ sauce instead of red sauce and shredded chicken and some mozz and cheddar
*Portobello Pizza: pesto, slices of grilled portobello mushrooms, sauteed red peppers and spinach and goat cheese and drizzle with balsamic reduction AFTER baking
*Caprese:  slices of roma tomatoes, slices of fresh mozz and fresh basil leaves & GARLIC!
*Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke
oh the options go on and on

I am off to go pack my thickest long johns, coat, hat, mittens, balaclava, hand warmers, sweatpants and sweaters......
Stay warm!  

No comments:

Post a Comment